Man found bound, shot, burned in North Philadelphia alley
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police tell Action News that a man found dead in a North Philadelphia alley had been shot in the head, bound and burned.
Firefighters discovered the body as they were putting out a small fire in the 1500 block of West Allegheny Avenue.
The fire was reported before 5:00 a.m. Monday in a stairwell between two apartment buildings.
Police believe the man was killed elsewhere, and that the body was driven to that location, dragged down into the stairwell, soaked with gasoline and set on fire.
They say it appears the man was dead before being bound and burned.
An autopsy will be performed to identify the victim and determine the exact cause of death.
body found, north philadelphia, fire, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 17 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
12 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
17 min ago