NJ high school basketball player collapses, dies
LITTLE SILVER, N.J. (AP) - December 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a New Jersey high school basketball player has died after collapsing during a team scrimmage.
But it's not yet clear what caused the death of Red Bank Regional High School student Albert Martin.
Marianne Kligman, the regional district's community information officer, tells the Asbury Park Press that the varsity team had been scrimmaging for about 45 minutes before Martin collapsed around 4:30 p.m. Monday. He died a short time later at a hospital.
Kligman said district counselors and its crisis management team were available for students and staff affected by Martin's death.
Martin was a senior at the school in Monmouth County.
new jersey, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 2 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 39 min ago
- Temps Soar