Fire rips through Mayfair business, man injured
MAYFAIR - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was critically injured in a fire that ripped through a business in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:00 a.m. on the 7000 block of Frankford Avenue.
Crews arrived to flames showing on the first floor, which then spread to an apartment on the second floor.
A 60-year-old man was burned and suffered severe smoke inhalation. He was rushed to the hospital and is listed in critical condtion.
It took firefighters fifteen minutes to place the blaze under control.
Officials say the fire damaged a jewelry store on the first floor.
The Red Cross was called in to assist the displaced occupants.
So far, there is no word on what sparked the blaze.
fire, mayfair, philadelphia, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 56 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 55 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
42 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos