Fire rips through Mayfair business, man injured
MAYFAIR - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was critically injured in a fire that ripped through a business in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:00 a.m. on the 7000 block of Frankford Avenue.
Crews arrived to flames showing on the first floor, which then spread to an apartment on the second floor.
A 60-year-old man was burned and suffered severe smoke inhalation. He was rushed to the hospital and is listed in critical condtion.
It took firefighters fifteen minutes to place the blaze under control.
Officials say the fire damaged a jewelry store on the first floor.
The Red Cross was called in to assist the displaced occupants.
So far, there is no word on what sparked the blaze.
fire, mayfair, philadelphia, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 52 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder