Authorities identify Pleasantville, New Jersey murder victim
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have identified the man shot and killed late Monday in Pleasantville, N.J.
Police found Chikki Smith, 33, dead in a parking lot behind Sam's Rialto Bar & Grill at 18 South Main Street.
Smith had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident happened around midnight on North Main Street near East Washington Avenue.
Investigators are still searching for the killer and a motive.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor is asking anyone with information about the case to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Unit at (609)-909-7666 or the Pleasantville Police Department at (609)-641-6100.
homicide, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 1 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 25 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 1 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally