Authorities identify Pleasantville, New Jersey murder victim
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have identified the man shot and killed late Monday in Pleasantville, N.J.
Police found Chikki Smith, 33, dead in a parking lot behind Sam's Rialto Bar & Grill at 18 South Main Street.
Smith had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident happened around midnight on North Main Street near East Washington Avenue.
Investigators are still searching for the killer and a motive.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor is asking anyone with information about the case to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Unit at (609)-909-7666 or the Pleasantville Police Department at (609)-641-6100.
homicide, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 3 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 17 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 49 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 25 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 16 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos