Authorities identify Pleasantville, New Jersey murder victim
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have identified the man shot and killed late Monday in Pleasantville, N.J.
Police found Chikki Smith, 33, dead in a parking lot behind Sam's Rialto Bar & Grill at 18 South Main Street.
Smith had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident happened around midnight on North Main Street near East Washington Avenue.
Investigators are still searching for the killer and a motive.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor is asking anyone with information about the case to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Unit at (609)-909-7666 or the Pleasantville Police Department at (609)-641-6100.
homicide, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos