Authorities identify Pleasantville, New Jersey murder victim
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have identified the man shot and killed late Monday in Pleasantville, N.J.
Police found Chikki Smith, 33, dead in a parking lot behind Sam's Rialto Bar & Grill at 18 South Main Street.
Smith had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident happened around midnight on North Main Street near East Washington Avenue.
Investigators are still searching for the killer and a motive.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor is asking anyone with information about the case to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Unit at (609)-909-7666 or the Pleasantville Police Department at (609)-641-6100.
homicide, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 4 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 58 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
58 min ago