Authorities identify Pleasantville, New Jersey murder victim
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have identified the man shot and killed late Monday in Pleasantville, N.J.
Police found Chikki Smith, 33, dead in a parking lot behind Sam's Rialto Bar & Grill at 18 South Main Street.
Smith had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident happened around midnight on North Main Street near East Washington Avenue.
Investigators are still searching for the killer and a motive.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor is asking anyone with information about the case to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Unit at (609)-909-7666 or the Pleasantville Police Department at (609)-641-6100.
homicide, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator