Suspect lunges on counter in 2 Philly robberies
PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man lunged onto the counter at two Philadelphia Dunkin Donuts stores in an attempt to grab money from an open cash register. Police are now asking for your help in finding him.
The first incident happened at 4:33 a.m. Sunday at the Dunkin Donuts store located on the 1300 block of West Olney Avenue in the city's Logan section.
Cameras were rolling as a man entered the store and stood on line with other customers. Then when an employee opened the register, the suspect lunged onto the counter and dug his hands into the cash register.
Employees managed to fight the man away from the register. He then fled the scene on foot.
Several minutes later, the same man entered the Dunkin Donuts located at 4701 North Broad Street. This time he walked in and showed employees the grip of a handgun and demanded money from the cash register. An employee complied with the demand, opening the register and handed the suspect cash.
The suspect then fled on foot in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a black male, standing between 5'8" and 5'11", 20-30 years-of-age, with a dark complexion, a scar on the left side of his face, thick eye brows, and a light beard. He was wearing a black jacket with white or gray patches on the shoulders, a blue shirt, dark colored pants, black boots, and in the second incident he was wearing a black ski cap.
If you have any information about identity and/or the whereabouts of the suspect you are asked to contact investigators at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 1 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 18 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 8 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 16 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
1 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
18 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
16 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
8 min ago