Suspect lunges on counter in 2 Philly robberies
PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man lunged onto the counter at two Philadelphia Dunkin Donuts stores in an attempt to grab money from an open cash register. Police are now asking for your help in finding him.
The first incident happened at 4:33 a.m. Sunday at the Dunkin Donuts store located on the 1300 block of West Olney Avenue in the city's Logan section.
Cameras were rolling as a man entered the store and stood on line with other customers. Then when an employee opened the register, the suspect lunged onto the counter and dug his hands into the cash register.
Employees managed to fight the man away from the register. He then fled the scene on foot.
Several minutes later, the same man entered the Dunkin Donuts located at 4701 North Broad Street. This time he walked in and showed employees the grip of a handgun and demanded money from the cash register. An employee complied with the demand, opening the register and handed the suspect cash.
The suspect then fled on foot in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described as a black male, standing between 5'8" and 5'11", 20-30 years-of-age, with a dark complexion, a scar on the left side of his face, thick eye brows, and a light beard. He was wearing a black jacket with white or gray patches on the shoulders, a blue shirt, dark colored pants, black boots, and in the second incident he was wearing a black ski cap.
If you have any information about identity and/or the whereabouts of the suspect you are asked to contact investigators at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
6 min ago