7 injured in crash at Montco school
HORSHAM, Pa. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Seven people suffered minor injuries in a crash at a school in Montgomery County on Tuesday morning.
The crash happened at the Simmons Elementary School at 411 Babylon Road in Horsham.
School district officials say that, for an unknown reason, the bus struck the back of the school van.
Approximately 24 students were on the bus, and seven children were in the van at the time. A staff member from Simmons Elementary was also on the van, the district said.
Everyone was checked out by medics on the scene, and five children and two staff members were eventually taken to Abington Memorial Hospital.
Horsham Police are investigating the crash.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, school, school bus, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 6 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 48 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 27 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 53 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
48 min ago