7 injured in crash at Montco school
HORSHAM, Pa. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Seven people suffered minor injuries in a crash at a school in Montgomery County on Tuesday morning.
The crash happened at the Simmons Elementary School at 411 Babylon Road in Horsham.
School district officials say that, for an unknown reason, the bus struck the back of the school van.
Approximately 24 students were on the bus, and seven children were in the van at the time. A staff member from Simmons Elementary was also on the van, the district said.
Everyone was checked out by medics on the scene, and five children and two staff members were eventually taken to Abington Memorial Hospital.
Horsham Police are investigating the crash.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, school, school bus, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 35 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 18 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
18 min ago