7 injured in crash at Montco school
HORSHAM, Pa. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Seven people suffered minor injuries in a crash at a school in Montgomery County on Tuesday morning.
The crash happened at the Simmons Elementary School at 411 Babylon Road in Horsham.
School district officials say that, for an unknown reason, the bus struck the back of the school van.
Approximately 24 students were on the bus, and seven children were in the van at the time. A staff member from Simmons Elementary was also on the van, the district said.
Everyone was checked out by medics on the scene, and five children and two staff members were eventually taken to Abington Memorial Hospital.
Horsham Police are investigating the crash.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, school, school bus, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies