7 injured in crash at Montco school
HORSHAM, Pa. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Seven people suffered minor injuries in a crash at a school in Montgomery County on Tuesday morning.
The crash happened at the Simmons Elementary School at 411 Babylon Road in Horsham.
School district officials say that, for an unknown reason, the bus struck the back of the school van.
Approximately 24 students were on the bus, and seven children were in the van at the time. A staff member from Simmons Elementary was also on the van, the district said.
Everyone was checked out by medics on the scene, and five children and two staff members were eventually taken to Abington Memorial Hospital.
Horsham Police are investigating the crash.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, school, school bus, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 3 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 20 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar