Missing Radnor girl found in DC, man arrested
RADNOR, Pa. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Radnor police say a 13-year-old girl who went missing Monday afternoon has been found safe in Washington D.C. and the man she was with has been arrested.
Police say they received an anonymous tip that 13-year-old Savanna Marie MacMullet of Radnor and 20-year-old Ashley Ryan Hareford of Virginia were spotted in the area of 30th Street Station around 4:30 p.m.
Authorities say they boarded a Megabus to Washington D.C.
U.S. Marshals were waiting for the two as they arrived at a D.C. bus stop at around 7:00 p.m.
"Police were there. They had no idea so it was a peaceful resolution to this situation, which we're happy [about] cause we have to remember, she's 13 years old, we didn't want any extra trauma to be added to this," Lt. Christopher Flanagan of the Radnor Police Department said.
Hareford was taken into custody without incident at the scene. He is facing a corruption of minor charge and could possibly face more charges.
The girl's family was relieved to hear police located their loved one.
"I was so glad, I couldn't believe it. It was just so scary knowing she was missing and it's just amazing that they found her," Savanna's great aunt Mary DeWees said.
The girl has since been reunited with her family and as of Wednesday morning she was being checked out at Bryn Mawr Hospital.
Police were not classifying MacMullet's disappearance as an abduction. They believed she took off willingly with the 20-year-old.
Police say the pair met online.
A Radnor Township officer came across Hareford outside of the victim's home on Sunday night. Nothing appeared to be wrong, but police stopped the man because he seemed suspicious. He was ultimately released.
pennsylvania, missing person, delaware county, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 42 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 40 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 41 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
59 min ago