Soccer tournament shootings result in indictments
WILMINGTON, Del. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- The investigation into a shooting at a soccer tournament in Wilmington that left three people dead has resulted in the indictments of 10 people on charges of participating in a criminal street gang.
Among the defendants in the 24-count indictment announced Tuesday are two suspects in the July 8 shootings at Eden Park.
Thirty-six-year-old Otis Phillips and 22-year-old Jeffery Phillips are accused with the other defendants of being members of a gang called the SureShots that engaged in various crimes, including the soccer shootings.
Otis Phillips also was indicted for a 2008 murder at an illegal nightclub in Wilmington.
Officials previously have suggested that the organizer of the soccer tournament, Herman Curry, may have been targeted for murder because he was a witness to the 2008 killing of Christopher Palmer.
delaware, shooting, wilmington, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 42 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 57 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
4 min ago