2 women sought in Chester Co. thefts
EAST WHITELAND TWP., Pa. - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tis the season for thievery and East Whiteland Township police say two women are leading the pack.
"Seems as though they do it pretty often. They have it down to a system. They take the wallet or credit cards from the victim and they go to directly to a retail store," East Whiteland Township Detective Tricia Logic said.
Police say surveillance cameras captured the duo three weeks ago using stolen credit cards to rack up $5,000 worth of electronics, clothes, and gift cards at the Target just off 202 and route 29 in Malvern.
Investigators say the women walked into a Wegmans in the same shopping center, stole a purse in minutes, and then ran over to the Target.
By the time the victim knew her credit card was gone and cancelled it, the damage had already been done.
"These suspects know that so they run right out, use them as fast as they can before they get cancelled," Logic said.
Police are hoping the images will help catch the women who could be connected to two similar crimes in West Whiteland Township within the past month.
One had red hair.
The other, detectives say, is pregnant and could be seen buying tons of baby items.
This news surprised shoppers.
"It's still wrong no matter what your reason is for doing it. You have to live by some principles in life you just can't go doing it and I'm sure if she wanted help, someone would have helped her," a shopper said.
Investigators say they believe the women are local.
And they're asking for women to remain vigilant this holiday season when it comes to watching their wallets.
If you have any information about the women in that surveillance video, call East Whiteland Township police.
pennsylvania, chester county, theft, fraud, local/state, kenneth moton
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?