Teenager shot and killed outside Police Athletic League center
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an argument and fight inside a Police Athletic League Center ended in deadly gunfire outside the center.
The incident took place just after 7:00 p.m. at 58th and Master streets.
Police say a basketball game was about to commence inside the center when two men, believed to be in their late teens to early 20s, began to argue.
That argument escalated into a fight that was broken up by officers on site.
The two were ushered out of the facility and not long after, shots rang out on the street.
Police say a 19-year-old man was shot multiple times in the stomach and both legs.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he later died.
Police made an arrest about a block away.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 35 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 32 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 19 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 1 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
33 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
19 min ago