Teenager shot and killed outside Police Athletic League center
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an argument and fight inside a Police Athletic League Center ended in deadly gunfire outside the center.
The incident took place just after 7:00 p.m. at 58th and Master streets.
Police say a basketball game was about to commence inside the center when two men, believed to be in their late teens to early 20s, began to argue.
That argument escalated into a fight that was broken up by officers on site.
The two were ushered out of the facility and not long after, shots rang out on the street.
Police say a 19-year-old man was shot multiple times in the stomach and both legs.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he later died.
Police made an arrest about a block away.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police cars, station 6 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 39 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 26 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
39 min ago