Teenager shot and killed outside Police Athletic League center
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an argument and fight inside a Police Athletic League Center ended in deadly gunfire outside the center.
The incident took place just after 7:00 p.m. at 58th and Master streets.
Police say a basketball game was about to commence inside the center when two men, believed to be in their late teens to early 20s, began to argue.
That argument escalated into a fight that was broken up by officers on site.
The two were ushered out of the facility and not long after, shots rang out on the street.
Police say a 19-year-old man was shot multiple times in the stomach and both legs.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he later died.
Police made an arrest about a block away.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 1 min ago
- Turning Milder 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 29 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 47 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed