Teenager shot and killed outside Police Athletic League center
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an argument and fight inside a Police Athletic League Center ended in deadly gunfire outside the center.
The incident took place just after 7:00 p.m. at 58th and Master streets.
Police say a basketball game was about to commence inside the center when two men, believed to be in their late teens to early 20s, began to argue.
That argument escalated into a fight that was broken up by officers on site.
The two were ushered out of the facility and not long after, shots rang out on the street.
Police say a 19-year-old man was shot multiple times in the stomach and both legs.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he later died.
Police made an arrest about a block away.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool 32 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Windy And Cool
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos