Teenager shot and killed outside Police Athletic League center
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an argument and fight inside a Police Athletic League Center ended in deadly gunfire outside the center.
The incident took place just after 7:00 p.m. at 58th and Master streets.
Police say a basketball game was about to commence inside the center when two men, believed to be in their late teens to early 20s, began to argue.
That argument escalated into a fight that was broken up by officers on site.
The two were ushered out of the facility and not long after, shots rang out on the street.
Police say a 19-year-old man was shot multiple times in the stomach and both legs.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he later died.
Police made an arrest about a block away.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 34 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 33 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos