Teen critical after crashing into pole in NE Phila.
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old driver is critical after crashing into a pole in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 5:00 p.m. near the intersection of Greenacres Road and Waldemere Drive.
The impact from the crash snapped the pole in two.
Medics responded and rushed the female victim to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division for care.
Police accident investigators are trying to determine what factors contributed to the crash.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 26 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 29 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
10 min ago