Teen critical after crashing into pole in NE Phila.
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old driver is critical after crashing into a pole in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 5:00 p.m. near the intersection of Greenacres Road and Waldemere Drive.
The impact from the crash snapped the pole in two.
Medics responded and rushed the female victim to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division for care.
Police accident investigators are trying to determine what factors contributed to the crash.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 2 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
2 min ago