Gas leak at closed Camden school
CAMDEN, N.J. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews are on the scene of a gas leak at a Camden school that has been closed for more than a year Wednesday morning.
The fire department was called to the 1000 block of Linden Avenue.
Officials say they were investigating the report of a gas leak at the Powell Elementary School.
Crews noticed a loud hissing sound when they entered the building and they quickly evacuated because of the odor.
Investigators are looking into whether the school was vandalized.
Police are detouring traffic around the school near 10th and Chester Streets.
gas leak, camden, school, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police