Gas leak at closed Camden school
CAMDEN, N.J. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews are on the scene of a gas leak at a Camden school that has been closed for more than a year Wednesday morning.
The fire department was called to the 1000 block of Linden Avenue.
Officials say they were investigating the report of a gas leak at the Powell Elementary School.
Crews noticed a loud hissing sound when they entered the building and they quickly evacuated because of the odor.
Investigators are looking into whether the school was vandalized.
Police are detouring traffic around the school near 10th and Chester Streets.
gas leak, camden, school, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 29 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 15 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's