Gas leak at closed Camden school
CAMDEN, N.J. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews are on the scene of a gas leak at a Camden school that has been closed for more than a year Wednesday morning.
The fire department was called to the 1000 block of Linden Avenue.
Officials say they were investigating the report of a gas leak at the Powell Elementary School.
Crews noticed a loud hissing sound when they entered the building and they quickly evacuated because of the odor.
Investigators are looking into whether the school was vandalized.
Police are detouring traffic around the school near 10th and Chester Streets.
gas leak, camden, school, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance 32 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 13 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 22 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill...
32 min ago