Gas leak at closed Camden school
CAMDEN, N.J. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews are on the scene of a gas leak at a Camden school that has been closed for more than a year Wednesday morning.
The fire department was called to the 1000 block of Linden Avenue.
Officials say they were investigating the report of a gas leak at the Powell Elementary School.
Crews noticed a loud hissing sound when they entered the building and they quickly evacuated because of the odor.
Investigators are looking into whether the school was vandalized.
Police are detouring traffic around the school near 10th and Chester Streets.
gas leak, camden, school, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 47 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 1 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos