Man hit by car in New Castle Co. has died
TALLEYVILLE, Del. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man hit by a car on Saturday evening in New Castle County, Delaware has died.
Kevin M. Truehart, 49, of Wilmington passed away after being hit by a car on Naamans Road near Concord Pike in Talleyville.
Police say Truehart was hit by a vehicle going westbound on Naamans Road.
Investigators say the driver of that car, 23-year-old Jamisa Johnson of Bear, Del., tried to avoid Truehart but still struck him with the front end of the car.
Johnson managed to stop her car and remained at the scene, police said.
There was still no word on any charges as this investigation continues.
delaware, new castle county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 51 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
7 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
51 min ago