Arrest made in fatal SW Philadelphia hit-and-run
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in a hit-and-run in Southwest Philadelphia that left a woman dead.
Jerome Brooks, 45, of the 800 block of Lincoln Street in Elmira, New York, has been charged with murder, homicide by vehicle, aggravated assault and related offenses.
The victim, Deanna Teal, 52, was struck and killed around 10:25 p.m. Monday night in the 4800 block of Chester Avenue.
Police say the vehicle involved, a grey Chevrolet SUV with heavy front-end damage, was found in the 4700 block of Larchwood Street.
The vehicle was discovered by an officer who noticed antifreeze and markings on the street, and followed the trail about six blocks to the SUV's location.
Police told Action News on Tuesday that the person behind the wheel was likely speeding at the time of the crash.
hit and run, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 39 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 38 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 15 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
38 min ago