Feltonville hit-and-run victim dies from injuries
FELTONVILLE - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian is dead after a hit-and-run in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia.
Philadelphia police are trying to track down the motorist who struck a pedestrian late Wednesday and then kept on going.
Police released surveillance video from Whitaker and Wyoming of the dreadful high speed hit and run that happened around 5:45 p.m.
The victim has been identified as 45-year-old pizza delivery man Luis Andro.
Andro had just come out of Wyoming pizza and loaded multiple boxes into his car when he was hit by a speeding motorist.
Police say the car was a black, gray or brown Lincoln sedan. It was last seen speeding down Whitaker toward Roosevelt Boulevard.
Witnesses say the driver never stopped.
"He didn't stop, he just kept going. He made a turn and kept going," said Roland Lofton.
Andro was knocked into the air on impact and landed 25 feet away at the rear of another car.
"I saw a black car come speeding and sideswiped another car, and I saw the guy in the air flying and that's when I ran over and the tire shop guy ran over," said Dennis Dailey.
"We were just talking right there," said Dashera Lopez. "He went out the door to get a delivery and people came in shouting 'Call the cops, call the cops. Somebody just got hit by a car.'"
Luis Andro's twin brother rushed to the scene his brother's cruel fate.
"My family used to have this business from 1981 to '83, and we saw some horrific accidents here," said Chris Andro. "a lot of people getting injured, dying. It's just a crazy intersection."
Luis Andro was pronounced dead at the hospital Thursday evening.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact Philadelphia Police.
philadelphia, feltonville, hit and run, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 4 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 49 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 49 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 49 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts 40 min ago
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
5 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
49 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
49 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
49 min ago