Shooting blocks away from Trenton, NJ high school
TRENTON, N.J. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Trenton, NJ are investigating a shooting blocks away from Trenton Central High School.
It happened at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Tyler and Anderson Streets.
At least one person was taken to an area hospital. There is no word on that person's age or condition.
Trenton has faced a rash of violent shootings over the last several days.
Eight people have been shot and one killed in Trenton since Sunday.
Trenton Mayor Tony Mack released the following statement after Wednesday afternoon's shooting:
I am absolutely FED UP with the wanton violence that plagues our city. Our administration has made concerted efforts to reduce crime, everything from hiring additional police officers to transferring officers with desk jobs to our patrol bureau. The escalating violence requires us to do more and we will continue to meet that challenge. We continue to encourage residents to be engaged and attend C.P.A.C. and other community stakeholder meetings. The Trenton Police Department can no longer be expected to carry the burden of crime reduction on its own. Parents and guardians need to step up and take control of their homes and children. For those who need help, speak up and speak out. Our administration will continue to do its part by reaching out to state officials to secure additional public safety dollars.
new jersey, school, shooting, trenton, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 19 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
2 min ago