Abused pit bull Precious gets forever home
MEDIA, Pa. - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County SPCA officials said it was one of the worst animal abuse cases they had ever seen. But this afternoon, Precious, found her forever home.
The 3-year-old pit bull mix was decked out for the holidays when she went home with her new owner.
Precious was found in June, and only weighed 17 pounds at the time.
Authorities say she was intentionally starved and could barely walk.
It has been a long road for the dog, but Jamie Crowley has been there for her through it all.
Crowley was chosen to foster Precious during these past few months, but decided to she wanted to make it permanent.
"She loves me unconditionally, and I feel the same for her. I feel safe with her, and she has a special place in my heart, and I want to make sure she will always have the best life," said Jamie Crowley.
adoption, dogs, spca, animal abuse, media, pennsylvania, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 21 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos