Abused pit bull Precious gets forever home
MEDIA, Pa. - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County SPCA officials said it was one of the worst animal abuse cases they had ever seen. But this afternoon, Precious, found her forever home.
The 3-year-old pit bull mix was decked out for the holidays when she went home with her new owner.
Precious was found in June, and only weighed 17 pounds at the time.
Authorities say she was intentionally starved and could barely walk.
It has been a long road for the dog, but Jamie Crowley has been there for her through it all.
Crowley was chosen to foster Precious during these past few months, but decided to she wanted to make it permanent.
"She loves me unconditionally, and I feel the same for her. I feel safe with her, and she has a special place in my heart, and I want to make sure she will always have the best life," said Jamie Crowley.
adoption, dogs, spca, animal abuse, media, pennsylvania, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 12 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 31 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
13 min ago