Abused pit bull Precious gets forever home
MEDIA, Pa. - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County SPCA officials said it was one of the worst animal abuse cases they had ever seen. But this afternoon, Precious, found her forever home.
The 3-year-old pit bull mix was decked out for the holidays when she went home with her new owner.
Precious was found in June, and only weighed 17 pounds at the time.
Authorities say she was intentionally starved and could barely walk.
It has been a long road for the dog, but Jamie Crowley has been there for her through it all.
Crowley was chosen to foster Precious during these past few months, but decided to she wanted to make it permanent.
"She loves me unconditionally, and I feel the same for her. I feel safe with her, and she has a special place in my heart, and I want to make sure she will always have the best life," said Jamie Crowley.
adoption, dogs, spca, animal abuse, media, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 47 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 42 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
37 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
42 min ago