Abused pit bull Precious gets forever home
MEDIA, Pa. - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County SPCA officials said it was one of the worst animal abuse cases they had ever seen. But this afternoon, Precious, found her forever home.
The 3-year-old pit bull mix was decked out for the holidays when she went home with her new owner.
Precious was found in June, and only weighed 17 pounds at the time.
Authorities say she was intentionally starved and could barely walk.
It has been a long road for the dog, but Jamie Crowley has been there for her through it all.
Crowley was chosen to foster Precious during these past few months, but decided to she wanted to make it permanent.
"She loves me unconditionally, and I feel the same for her. I feel safe with her, and she has a special place in my heart, and I want to make sure she will always have the best life," said Jamie Crowley.
adoption, dogs, spca, animal abuse, media, pennsylvania, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos