Abused pit bull Precious gets forever home
MEDIA, Pa. - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County SPCA officials said it was one of the worst animal abuse cases they had ever seen. But this afternoon, Precious, found her forever home.
The 3-year-old pit bull mix was decked out for the holidays when she went home with her new owner.
Precious was found in June, and only weighed 17 pounds at the time.
Authorities say she was intentionally starved and could barely walk.
It has been a long road for the dog, but Jamie Crowley has been there for her through it all.
Crowley was chosen to foster Precious during these past few months, but decided to she wanted to make it permanent.
"She loves me unconditionally, and I feel the same for her. I feel safe with her, and she has a special place in my heart, and I want to make sure she will always have the best life," said Jamie Crowley.
adoption, dogs, spca, animal abuse, media, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 9 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 7 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 13 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 15 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 11 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
15 min ago