Pa. teacher sentenced in student sexting case
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former high school teacher who offered a student extra credit for sending him nude pictures and gave her a thong has been sentenced to at least six months in prison.
Former Allentown teacher Timothy Moll apologized for his actions at his sentencing Wednesday. The former Dieruff High School teacher pleaded guilty in October to a misdemeanor count of corruption of minors.
Authorities say the messages were discovered after the 16-year-old victim was sent to the assistant principal's office for having her cellphone in school. Prosecutors say the 26-year-old Moll sent her racy messages and offered to boost her math grade in return for naked pictures.
Moll, of Emmaus, is eligible for work-release but a judge declined to grant it immediately as Moll's attorney requested.
sexting, teachers, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 11 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 34 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
34 min ago