Pa. teacher sentenced in student sexting case
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former high school teacher who offered a student extra credit for sending him nude pictures and gave her a thong has been sentenced to at least six months in prison.
Former Allentown teacher Timothy Moll apologized for his actions at his sentencing Wednesday. The former Dieruff High School teacher pleaded guilty in October to a misdemeanor count of corruption of minors.
Authorities say the messages were discovered after the 16-year-old victim was sent to the assistant principal's office for having her cellphone in school. Prosecutors say the 26-year-old Moll sent her racy messages and offered to boost her math grade in return for naked pictures.
Moll, of Emmaus, is eligible for work-release but a judge declined to grant it immediately as Moll's attorney requested.
sexting, teachers, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility 44 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia