Pa. teacher sentenced in student sexting case
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former high school teacher who offered a student extra credit for sending him nude pictures and gave her a thong has been sentenced to at least six months in prison.
Former Allentown teacher Timothy Moll apologized for his actions at his sentencing Wednesday. The former Dieruff High School teacher pleaded guilty in October to a misdemeanor count of corruption of minors.
Authorities say the messages were discovered after the 16-year-old victim was sent to the assistant principal's office for having her cellphone in school. Prosecutors say the 26-year-old Moll sent her racy messages and offered to boost her math grade in return for naked pictures.
Moll, of Emmaus, is eligible for work-release but a judge declined to grant it immediately as Moll's attorney requested.
sexting, teachers, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 14 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 37 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 25 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 4 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 38 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
43 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
52 min ago