Pa. teacher sentenced in student sexting case
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former high school teacher who offered a student extra credit for sending him nude pictures and gave her a thong has been sentenced to at least six months in prison.
Former Allentown teacher Timothy Moll apologized for his actions at his sentencing Wednesday. The former Dieruff High School teacher pleaded guilty in October to a misdemeanor count of corruption of minors.
Authorities say the messages were discovered after the 16-year-old victim was sent to the assistant principal's office for having her cellphone in school. Prosecutors say the 26-year-old Moll sent her racy messages and offered to boost her math grade in return for naked pictures.
Moll, of Emmaus, is eligible for work-release but a judge declined to grant it immediately as Moll's attorney requested.
sexting, teachers, teens, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 5 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 2 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 1 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
2 min ago