DA: Pa. prison guard killed wife, turned self in
TINICUM, Pa. (AP) -December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia prison guard allegedly shot and killed his wife then went to a police station to calmly turn himself in while still wearing his blood-stained clothes.
Authorities say corrections officer Winlaw Muzirwa walked into the Tinicum Township police station on Wednesday morning and asked to be put in handcuffs. Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan says Muzirwa soon confessed to killing his wife, Daisy Janbawo.
Investigators say shortly later they discovered Janbawo shot in the head and back in an upstairs bedroom of the couple's home.
Court documents say Muzirwa tried to kill himself after shooting his wife but the weapon misfired.
Muzirwa had been on disability leave from his job with a private company that operates the county prison. Court records don't list an attorney for him.
homicide, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 29 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 3 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
29 min ago