$50M Powerball ticket sold in Bucks County, Pa.
MIDDLETOWN, Pa. - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania Lottery officials say one jackpot-winning Powerball ticket from Wednesday night's drawing was sold in Bucks County.
The winning ticket is worth $50 million.
The ticket was sold at Levittown News and Tobacco on South Oxford Valley Road in Fairless Hills.
The ticket correctly matched all five white balls, 13-17-19-27-38, and the red Powerball 12, from the December 5th Powerball drawing.
It wins a $50 million annuity, or $33,134,526.18 cash prize, less 25 percent federal withholding.
Rakesh Raina, better known to his customers as "Rocky," is excited that he sold last night's winning Powerball ticket.
He's owned the Fairless Hills smoke shop for nearly 19 years and was convinced one day he'd have a winner.
"It's amazing. We are all happy here because we sold the Powerball winning ticket," Raina said.
Raina says the Lottery Commission told him the winning ticket was sold between 12:45 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. yesterday afternoon.
He's pretty sure it went to one of his regulars from the nearby neighborhood.
"As far as we know, it's somebody from Levittown or Fairless Hills because it was not that big so we don't get a lot of out of state people," Raina said.
Lottery officials say they cannot confirm the identity of the winner until the prize is claimed and the ticket is validated. Pennsylvania Lottery Powerball winners have one year from the drawing date to claim prizes.
The Lottery says it encourages the holder of the winning ticket to sign the back of the ticket, call the Lottery at 717-702-8146 and file a claim at Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County, or at any of Lottery's seven area offices.
Claims may be filed at headquarters Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at area offices, according to lottery officials.
The Lottery says Pennsylvania has sold 16 jackpot-winning tickets since joining Powerball, including Wednesday's winning ticket.
Prior to last night, the most recent jackpot-winning ticket sold in Pennsylvania was for the April 25, 2012 drawing, when a group of SEPTA employees from the Philadelphia area purchased a $107.5 million (cash) winning ticket.
pennsylvania, lottery, powerball, bucks county, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 1 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila. 50 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep 9 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash