Bank robbed in New Castle, Del.; suspect at large
NEW CASTLE, Del. - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are looking for a man who robbed a New Castle bank.
Police say at about 12:35 p.m. Wednesday, a man walked into the Wells Fargo Bank in the 1400 block of on DuPont Highway.
He presented a note to a 32-year-old teller demanding money.
The teller gave the robber cash and he fled on foot.
Police describe the suspect as a Black male, 25 - 35 years old, 5'11" to 6'2", 190 to 225 pounds, wearing dark green overalls and a dark baseball cap with a red brim.
Anyone with information about the robbery or the suspect is asked to contact the Delaware State Police Robbery Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 extension 6, or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com or anonymously by text message to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
delaware, bank robbery, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 27 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 3 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 29 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 12 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 15 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
8 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
15 min ago