Police arrest suspect in Mantua stabbing
PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized after being stabbed in Philadelphia's Mantua section Thursday night.
It happened at 40th and Girard shortly before 9:00 p.m.
Police say someone stabbed a 48-year-old man in the left side of his chest.
He was rushed to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia by private vehicle before being transferred to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with serious injuries.
Police say they nabbed a suspected attacker a short distance away.
There is no word on a motive.
philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 35 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!