Police arrest suspect in Mantua stabbing
PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized after being stabbed in Philadelphia's Mantua section Thursday night.
It happened at 40th and Girard shortly before 9:00 p.m.
Police say someone stabbed a 48-year-old man in the left side of his chest.
He was rushed to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia by private vehicle before being transferred to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with serious injuries.
Police say they nabbed a suspected attacker a short distance away.
There is no word on a motive.
philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures