Police arrest suspect in Mantua stabbing
PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized after being stabbed in Philadelphia's Mantua section Thursday night.
It happened at 40th and Girard shortly before 9:00 p.m.
Police say someone stabbed a 48-year-old man in the left side of his chest.
He was rushed to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia by private vehicle before being transferred to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with serious injuries.
Police say they nabbed a suspected attacker a short distance away.
There is no word on a motive.
philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in New Jersey Turnpike chase 30 min ago
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 12 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds 18 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list