Man critical after West Phila shooting, suspect caught
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 42-year-old man is critical after being shot in West Philadelphia.
The shooting happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. along the 4600 block of Fairmount Avenue.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
A short time later, police apprehended a 40-year-old male suspect at 38th and Wallace after a foot pursuit.
A weapon has not been recovered.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 5 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
5 min ago