Man critical after West Phila shooting, suspect caught
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 42-year-old man is critical after being shot in West Philadelphia.
The shooting happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. along the 4600 block of Fairmount Avenue.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
A short time later, police apprehended a 40-year-old male suspect at 38th and Wallace after a foot pursuit.
A weapon has not been recovered.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll 3 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis