Man critical after West Phila shooting, suspect caught
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 42-year-old man is critical after being shot in West Philadelphia.
The shooting happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. along the 4600 block of Fairmount Avenue.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
A short time later, police apprehended a 40-year-old male suspect at 38th and Wallace after a foot pursuit.
A weapon has not been recovered.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 44 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 28 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 48 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 48 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 48 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
44 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
48 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
48 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos