Tractor-trailer crashes into Commodore Barry Bridge
CHESTER TWP., Pa. - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The driver of a tractor-trailer lost control and crashed while attempting to get onto the ramp to the Commodore Barry Bridge in Chester, Delaware County early Friday morning.
The accident happened around 2:00 a.m. on the southbound ramp off of I-95 toward the Commodore Barry Bridge.
Police say the truck overturned and hit the bridge, sending part of the cab over the guard rail.
Rescuers had to cut the driver out of the cab. He was taken to an area hospital to be treated for a broken leg and face lacerations and is listed in stable condition.
Officials say the truck was carrying iPads and iPods.
Crews are on the scene cleaning up a roughly 50 to 100 gallons of diesel fuel which spilled from the truck as a result of the crash. Commuters should expect delays in the area.
Stay with 6abc.com as more information becomes available.
accident, delaware, pennsylvania, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 6 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 20 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 5 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 20 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 1 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos