Tractor-trailer crashes into Commodore Barry Bridge
CHESTER TWP., Pa. - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The driver of a tractor-trailer lost control and crashed while attempting to get onto the ramp to the Commodore Barry Bridge in Chester, Delaware County early Friday morning.
The accident happened around 2:00 a.m. on the southbound ramp off of I-95 toward the Commodore Barry Bridge.
Police say the truck overturned and hit the bridge, sending part of the cab over the guard rail.
Rescuers had to cut the driver out of the cab. He was taken to an area hospital to be treated for a broken leg and face lacerations and is listed in stable condition.
Officials say the truck was carrying iPads and iPods.
Crews are on the scene cleaning up a roughly 50 to 100 gallons of diesel fuel which spilled from the truck as a result of the crash. Commuters should expect delays in the area.
Stay with 6abc.com as more information becomes available.
accident, delaware, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 54 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!