Tractor-trailer crashes into Commodore Barry Bridge
CHESTER TWP., Pa. - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The driver of a tractor-trailer lost control and crashed while attempting to get onto the ramp to the Commodore Barry Bridge in Chester, Delaware County early Friday morning.
The accident happened around 2:00 a.m. on the southbound ramp off of I-95 toward the Commodore Barry Bridge.
Police say the truck overturned and hit the bridge, sending part of the cab over the guard rail.
Rescuers had to cut the driver out of the cab. He was taken to an area hospital to be treated for a broken leg and face lacerations and is listed in stable condition.
Officials say the truck was carrying iPads and iPods.
Crews are on the scene cleaning up a roughly 50 to 100 gallons of diesel fuel which spilled from the truck as a result of the crash. Commuters should expect delays in the area.
Stay with 6abc.com as more information becomes available.
accident, delaware, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 58 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela 42 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'