Tractor-trailer crashes into Commodore Barry Bridge
CHESTER TWP., Pa. - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The driver of a tractor-trailer lost control and crashed while attempting to get onto the ramp to the Commodore Barry Bridge in Chester, Delaware County early Friday morning.
The accident happened around 2:00 a.m. on the southbound ramp off of I-95 toward the Commodore Barry Bridge.
Police say the truck overturned and hit the bridge, sending part of the cab over the guard rail.
Rescuers had to cut the driver out of the cab. He was taken to an area hospital to be treated for a broken leg and face lacerations and is listed in stable condition.
Officials say the truck was carrying iPads and iPods.
Crews are on the scene cleaning up a roughly 50 to 100 gallons of diesel fuel which spilled from the truck as a result of the crash. Commuters should expect delays in the area.
Stay with 6abc.com as more information becomes available.
accident, delaware, pennsylvania, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 47 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 16 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 43 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 43 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Street-level interactive weather map
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos