Police: Teen held and critical after shooting in Mayfair
MAYFAIR - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they are holding a teen that was shot and left critical after a shooting in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred just after 10:30 p.m. along the 7300 block of Revere Street.
Police say a 19-year-old male was shot in the back.
Witnesses say they saw two men run off after the shooting.
The victim was taken to the hospital and is listed in critical condition.
He told police he was robbed but he is now being held after investigators found a weapon and drugs on him.
Police continue to investigate.
shooting, drugs, mayfair, philadelphia, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 1 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
1 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
52 min ago