55 abandoned piglets in Berks Co. headed home
BERN TWP., Pa. - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of piglets will be headed home today after being found along a major highway in Berks County.
55 piglets were found inside a trailer on Route 222 in Bern Township after construction workers called police on Wednesday.
The pigs were taken to the Animal Rescue League and spent Thursday inside a horse barn.
Police say the tires of the trailer blew out and the owner went to replace them. When he came back the pigs were already gone.
The owner is expected to pick them up and the Animal Rescue League says he is responsible for their costs.
berks county, pennsylvania, animals, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 59 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos