Police: Pa. man took ex's engagement ring
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a northeastern Pennsylvania man stole his ex-girlfriend's engagement ring on Thanksgiving in hopes of patching up his relationship with his wife.
Scranton police say 35-year-old Donald Albritton swiped the ring while his former girlfriend made Thanksgiving dinner and later gave it to his current wife.
Investigators say Albritton had gone to his ex's home to drop off a check and thank her for not involving the police in another matter. But The Times-Tribune of Scranton reports witnesses claimed they saw him palm the ring before he left.
Albritton was charged with theft and released on bail following his arraignment Tuesday. A phone listing for him could not immediately be located Friday.
theft, pennsylvania, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 29 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
29 min ago