Police: Pa. man took ex's engagement ring
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a northeastern Pennsylvania man stole his ex-girlfriend's engagement ring on Thanksgiving in hopes of patching up his relationship with his wife.
Scranton police say 35-year-old Donald Albritton swiped the ring while his former girlfriend made Thanksgiving dinner and later gave it to his current wife.
Investigators say Albritton had gone to his ex's home to drop off a check and thank her for not involving the police in another matter. But The Times-Tribune of Scranton reports witnesses claimed they saw him palm the ring before he left.
Albritton was charged with theft and released on bail following his arraignment Tuesday. A phone listing for him could not immediately be located Friday.
theft, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 32 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
33 min ago