Man charged in Pa. child's arson death found dead
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man jailed who allegedly set a fire that killed a central Pennsylvania toddler last month has been found hanged in his county jail cell.
Blair County Deputy District Attorney Wade Kagarise tells the Altoona Mirror 62-year-old Aaron Dishong died early Friday.
Warden Michael Johnston did not immediately return a request for comment.
Dishong was ordered Wednesday to stand trial for the Nov. 15 blaze that killed 3-year-old Darrel Etchison Jr. in Altoona. The boy's mother and little sister escaped the blaze. I
nvestigators say Dishong was irate an ex-girlfriend he believed was in the house was dating a black man. Authorities say the woman had left the night before.
A neighbor testified Dishong told her he'd set the fire, but police recorded a call in which Dishong said he hired a Ku Klux Klansman to do it.
arson, child death, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 33 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 52 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 20 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 18 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Twins escape carjacker by yelling, hitting...
1 min ago