Man burned in Parkside fire
PARKSIDE - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is being treated for burns after a fire on Friday morning in the Parkside section of Philadelphia.
The fire was reported at 8:15 a.m. in the 4100 block of Leidy Avenue.
Police say the victim was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with burns to his hands, arms, feet and face.
There was no word on what sparked the fire.
The flames were brought under control in less than 20 minutes.
philadelphia, parkside, fire, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 41 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police 40 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos