Man burned in Parkside fire
PARKSIDE - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is being treated for burns after a fire on Friday morning in the Parkside section of Philadelphia.
The fire was reported at 8:15 a.m. in the 4100 block of Leidy Avenue.
Police say the victim was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with burns to his hands, arms, feet and face.
There was no word on what sparked the fire.
The flames were brought under control in less than 20 minutes.
philadelphia, parkside, fire, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run