Man burned in Parkside fire
PARKSIDE - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is being treated for burns after a fire on Friday morning in the Parkside section of Philadelphia.
The fire was reported at 8:15 a.m. in the 4100 block of Leidy Avenue.
Police say the victim was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with burns to his hands, arms, feet and face.
There was no word on what sparked the fire.
The flames were brought under control in less than 20 minutes.
philadelphia, parkside, fire, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 50 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies