Man burned in Parkside fire
PARKSIDE - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is being treated for burns after a fire on Friday morning in the Parkside section of Philadelphia.
The fire was reported at 8:15 a.m. in the 4100 block of Leidy Avenue.
Police say the victim was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with burns to his hands, arms, feet and face.
There was no word on what sparked the fire.
The flames were brought under control in less than 20 minutes.
philadelphia, parkside, fire, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 57 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 6 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 34 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 7 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 58 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos