Officer, 2 children hospitalized in Grays Ferry fire
GRAYS FERRY - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer and two children were hospitalized after a house fire in Grays Ferry.
It happened around 10:00 Friday morning on the 1500 block of Etting Street.
Heavy flames were reported coming from the second floor.
Police arrived on the scene and were told that someone was still inside.
An officer went inside to make the rescue but there was no one in the home - all the occupants had escaped.
The officer suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Two children were taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as a precaution.
The fire was placed under control within 20 minutes. No word on what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, grays ferry, fire, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 34 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 54 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
50 min ago