Officer, 2 children hospitalized in Grays Ferry fire
GRAYS FERRY - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer and two children were hospitalized after a house fire in Grays Ferry.
It happened around 10:00 Friday morning on the 1500 block of Etting Street.
Heavy flames were reported coming from the second floor.
Police arrived on the scene and were told that someone was still inside.
An officer went inside to make the rescue but there was no one in the home - all the occupants had escaped.
The officer suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Two children were taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as a precaution.
The fire was placed under control within 20 minutes. No word on what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, grays ferry, fire, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 23 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos