Officer, 2 children hospitalized in Grays Ferry fire
GRAYS FERRY - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer and two children were hospitalized after a house fire in Grays Ferry.
It happened around 10:00 Friday morning on the 1500 block of Etting Street.
Heavy flames were reported coming from the second floor.
Police arrived on the scene and were told that someone was still inside.
An officer went inside to make the rescue but there was no one in the home - all the occupants had escaped.
The officer suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Two children were taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as a precaution.
The fire was placed under control within 20 minutes. No word on what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, grays ferry, fire, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)