Maid finds 1,400 heroin packets in Pa. hotel room
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - December 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a maid found 1,400 packets of heroin in a hotel room in eastern Pennsylvania and two men were arrested.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports it happened at the Comfort Inn in Bethlehem Township on Thursday afternoon. The maid found the bag containing 1,400 packets of heroin and turned the items over to her manager.
Police say the owner of the items went to the front desk and told the manager the items had been stolen. Hotel officials had already called police.
Bethlehem Township police arrested two men, but were still looking for a third who fled before officers arrived.
Information from: The Morning Call
pennsylvania, lehigh county, drugs, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash