Maid finds 1,400 heroin packets in Pa. hotel room
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - December 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a maid found 1,400 packets of heroin in a hotel room in eastern Pennsylvania and two men were arrested.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports it happened at the Comfort Inn in Bethlehem Township on Thursday afternoon. The maid found the bag containing 1,400 packets of heroin and turned the items over to her manager.
Police say the owner of the items went to the front desk and told the manager the items had been stolen. Hotel officials had already called police.
Bethlehem Township police arrested two men, but were still looking for a third who fled before officers arrived.
Information from: The Morning Call
pennsylvania, lehigh county, drugs, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 33 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
6 min ago