Maid finds 1,400 heroin packets in Pa. hotel room
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - December 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a maid found 1,400 packets of heroin in a hotel room in eastern Pennsylvania and two men were arrested.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports it happened at the Comfort Inn in Bethlehem Township on Thursday afternoon. The maid found the bag containing 1,400 packets of heroin and turned the items over to her manager.
Police say the owner of the items went to the front desk and told the manager the items had been stolen. Hotel officials had already called police.
Bethlehem Township police arrested two men, but were still looking for a third who fled before officers arrived.
Information from: The Morning Call
pennsylvania, lehigh county, drugs, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 14 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 14 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 57 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos