Maid finds 1,400 heroin packets in Pa. hotel room
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - December 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a maid found 1,400 packets of heroin in a hotel room in eastern Pennsylvania and two men were arrested.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports it happened at the Comfort Inn in Bethlehem Township on Thursday afternoon. The maid found the bag containing 1,400 packets of heroin and turned the items over to her manager.
Police say the owner of the items went to the front desk and told the manager the items had been stolen. Hotel officials had already called police.
Bethlehem Township police arrested two men, but were still looking for a third who fled before officers arrived.
Information from: The Morning Call
pennsylvania, lehigh county, drugs, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over 23 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth