Maid finds 1,400 heroin packets in Pa. hotel room
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - December 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a maid found 1,400 packets of heroin in a hotel room in eastern Pennsylvania and two men were arrested.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports it happened at the Comfort Inn in Bethlehem Township on Thursday afternoon. The maid found the bag containing 1,400 packets of heroin and turned the items over to her manager.
Police say the owner of the items went to the front desk and told the manager the items had been stolen. Hotel officials had already called police.
Bethlehem Township police arrested two men, but were still looking for a third who fled before officers arrived.
Information from: The Morning Call
pennsylvania, lehigh county, drugs, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 30 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 45 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ