Police: Missing woman's body found in Ridley Creek Park
MILLBOURNE, Pa. - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The body of a woman located in Ridley Creek has been identified as Teresa Mastracola of Millbourne, Pa., state police say.
Authorities have not released a cause of death, but say foul play does not appear to be a factor.
Her body was found Saturday near the park.
The search for 44-year-old Teresa Mastracola began last Sunday.
She was last seen leaving her home between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. wearing scrubs and getting into her car.
At first, Millbourne police were reluctant to call the woman's disappearance suspicious because she is an avid hiker who often left town for days at a time.
Mastracola works as an Imaging Equipment Specialist at Delaware County Memorial Hospital. Her coworkers started to get nervous this week when she did not show up for work.
Action News has also learned that the woman holds the rank of Master Sergeant with the National Guard.
Investigators from the Delaware County Criminal Investigation division, PA State Police and Millbourne police are all working the case.
Police are still searching for Mastracola's vehicle, a silver 2006 Mazda 6 4-door sedan with a black bicycle rack and Pennsylvania license plates DTA-5563.
Anyone with information regarding the location of her vehicle is asked to call Millbourne Police at 610-352-1450 or Pennsylvania State Police 484-840-1000.
body found, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 12 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack 10 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore 24 min ago
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
12 min ago
- Lindenwold school bus crash caught on camera
5 min ago