Shooting suspect arrested after gun confrontation
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police officers confronted an armed man late Saturday night in North Philadelphia.
At 11:45 p.m., officers responded to a shooting on the 2200 block of West Berks.
Police spotted a man at 20th and Montgomery that fit the description of the shooting suspect.
Officers attempt to stop the male but he fled on foot. They pursued him.
Authorities say the suspect pulled a gun on the officers.
Officers quickly pulled out their weapons, fired a warning shot, and ordered him to drop the weapon.
The suspect surrendered and faces a string of charges.
philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish