Shooting suspect arrested after gun confrontation
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police officers confronted an armed man late Saturday night in North Philadelphia.
At 11:45 p.m., officers responded to a shooting on the 2200 block of West Berks.
Police spotted a man at 20th and Montgomery that fit the description of the shooting suspect.
Officers attempt to stop the male but he fled on foot. They pursued him.
Authorities say the suspect pulled a gun on the officers.
Officers quickly pulled out their weapons, fired a warning shot, and ordered him to drop the weapon.
The suspect surrendered and faces a string of charges.
philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list