Shooting suspect arrested after gun confrontation
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police officers confronted an armed man late Saturday night in North Philadelphia.
At 11:45 p.m., officers responded to a shooting on the 2200 block of West Berks.
Police spotted a man at 20th and Montgomery that fit the description of the shooting suspect.
Officers attempt to stop the male but he fled on foot. They pursued him.
Authorities say the suspect pulled a gun on the officers.
Officers quickly pulled out their weapons, fired a warning shot, and ordered him to drop the weapon.
The suspect surrendered and faces a string of charges.
philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 41 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 28 min ago