Tow truck driver holds down DUI suspect in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been taken into custody on DUI charges after crashing into a police vehicle on Roosevelt Boulevard in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia.
Police say at around 4:55 p.m. a red Mitsubishi was traveling northbound on the Boulevard when it collided with a parked car.
The Mitsubishi then crashed into a parked patrol car at B Street and the Boulevard.
The driver sped off, but was stopped at C Street where police arrested him.
Police say a truck driver, Marcus Branker, saw the man collide with the police vehicle and pursued him.
The tow truck driver held the suspect until police arrived at C Street.
The tow truck driver said police thanked him for his assistance.
The Mitsubishi driver is facing DUI charges.
Police are continuing to investigate.
philadelphia, feltonville, accident, DUI, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police