Tow truck driver holds down DUI suspect in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been taken into custody on DUI charges after crashing into a police vehicle on Roosevelt Boulevard in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia.
Police say at around 4:55 p.m. a red Mitsubishi was traveling northbound on the Boulevard when it collided with a parked car.
The Mitsubishi then crashed into a parked patrol car at B Street and the Boulevard.
The driver sped off, but was stopped at C Street where police arrested him.
Police say a truck driver, Marcus Branker, saw the man collide with the police vehicle and pursued him.
The tow truck driver held the suspect until police arrived at C Street.
The tow truck driver said police thanked him for his assistance.
The Mitsubishi driver is facing DUI charges.
Police are continuing to investigate.
philadelphia, feltonville, accident, DUI, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Man critically wounded by gunfire in Wilmington 51 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished