Tow truck driver holds down DUI suspect in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been taken into custody on DUI charges after crashing into a police vehicle on Roosevelt Boulevard in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia.
Police say at around 4:55 p.m. a red Mitsubishi was traveling northbound on the Boulevard when it collided with a parked car.
The Mitsubishi then crashed into a parked patrol car at B Street and the Boulevard.
The driver sped off, but was stopped at C Street where police arrested him.
Police say a truck driver, Marcus Branker, saw the man collide with the police vehicle and pursued him.
The tow truck driver held the suspect until police arrived at C Street.
The tow truck driver said police thanked him for his assistance.
The Mitsubishi driver is facing DUI charges.
Police are continuing to investigate.
philadelphia, feltonville, accident, DUI, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 47 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act