Tow truck driver holds down DUI suspect in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been taken into custody on DUI charges after crashing into a police vehicle on Roosevelt Boulevard in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia.
Police say at around 4:55 p.m. a red Mitsubishi was traveling northbound on the Boulevard when it collided with a parked car.
The Mitsubishi then crashed into a parked patrol car at B Street and the Boulevard.
The driver sped off, but was stopped at C Street where police arrested him.
Police say a truck driver, Marcus Branker, saw the man collide with the police vehicle and pursued him.
The tow truck driver held the suspect until police arrived at C Street.
The tow truck driver said police thanked him for his assistance.
The Mitsubishi driver is facing DUI charges.
Police are continuing to investigate.
philadelphia, feltonville, accident, DUI, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police