20-year-old charged for sex with Delco girl, 13
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - December 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Radnor Township police have charged 20-year-old Ashley Hareford for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
The two boarded a bus last week and were found in Washington D.C.
Hareford was extradited and arrived back in Radnor on Monday afternoon.
Police say Hareford, who is from Virginia, gained the trust of the 13-year-old girl on the internet.
Investigators from Radnor used this incident as a warning for parents.
"We warn parents today to be careful, to know when your child is on the internet, if at all possible, to know your child's password to use filters and be familiar with what your child is doing on the internet.," Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan said.
Hareford is charged with statutory sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, corruption of a minor and other charges.
He faces 100 years in prison if convicted.
pennsylvania, delaware county, missing person, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 18 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
1 min ago